If you’re trying to lose weight, you may be preparing yourself to feel hungry all the time. Healthy snacking between meals, though, can actually help you stick with your diet, control portion sizes, and make appropriate choices when it is meal time again. Selecting snacks that will fill you up without adding empty calories to your day can help you successfully lose weight. Here are a few healthy choices to have on hand:
- Nuts: Nuts are rich in protein and fiber, both of which help you feel fuller for longer. In addition, nuts are packed with healthy fats that help you slim down while staying satisfied. Try a few whole, unsalted almonds as a snack, or make your own trail mix by adding a few mini chocolate chips and raisins.
- Yogurt and Other Low-Fat Dairy Products: Yogurt, milk, or cheese that is low in fat can make an excellent healthy snack. Like nuts, dairy has protein to help you stay satiated for a longer period of time. Dairy products also provide vitamins A, D and E, calcium, and folate, nutrients that keep you healthy and feeling great.
- Colorful Fruit and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are full of fiber, water, and antioxidants. The fiber and water content of fruits and vegetables helps fill you up without the high calorie content of other snack options. Try pairing a low-fat cheese or light peanut butter with your fruit or vegetable to increase the lasting power of your snack.
- Whole Grain Bread: The fiber found in whole grains offers long-lasting fullness. Top your bread slice with light peanut butter, almond butter, or low-fat cheese to add protein and essential fatty acids.
- Bean Dip: Look for lean protein options that will satisfy your hunger cravings with a low calorie count. Hummus and other healthy bean dips are great for curbing your hunger with lean protein.
For more healthy snack suggestions for your weight loss diet, contact Valley Medical Weight Control today. Valley Medical Weight Control can help you lose the weight and keep it off. Our Phoenix weight loss programs combine fat-burning injections and appetite suppressants with exercise and a healthier lifestyle to maximize our patients’ weight loss results. Visit us online or call us today at (888) 502-5405.